Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pretty heart tea light holders

For the first of my February crafts I've made some lovely little tea light holders.

Using 2 empty Gu pud glass jars that I've had stashed in the cupboard for ages waiting to be upcycled into something i decided to cross stitch 2 strips of Aida with love hearts (i used a love heart pattern from an old craft magazine but I'm sure there's plenty of heart patterns for free online if anyone wants to make these)


I then just used some glue dots to attach the strips of fabric on the outside of the jars and voila 2 simple tea light holders perfect for valentines ♥


Simple but pretty :) 


8 comments:

  1. Ooo they look gorgeous! I don't know how to cross stitch but I would love to make these! Any suggestions?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the lovely comment jewel x
    Cross stitching is very easy id suggest either buying a simple starter kit or one of the cross stitch magazines as they have cover kits usually included which is a good way to give it a try x

    ReplyDelete
  3. you always come up with the greatest of ideas! loveee the cross stitch hearts there! and what a fab idea to upcycle the glass jars, now I think i wont throw those after i finished eating the puddings! xx susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jane! I will have a look for a simple magazine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awh, they are so sweet, very romantic x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! And such a great idea for GU pud pots!

    Thanks for linking up :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm as if I needed any more reasons to eat Gu! x Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are really cute, just getting into cross stitch and looking for quick and simple projects to help feed my new addiction, these are ideal!

    ReplyDelete